CRICOS ID – 082930A
Course Duration – 27 weeks
Course Fee – AU$8,100
Location – Hobart
Intake Dates – February
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent as a qualified cook who specialises in creating patisserie items, such as pastries, desserts, and baked goods.
You will be required to purchase materials (including uniform and text books) for the class at an additional cost of approximately AU$1,050.
At the successful completion of this course, career options may include working in various hospitality enterprises where patisserie products are prepared and served, including patisseries, restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops.
Possible job titles include:
- Pastry Chef
To achieve a Certificate III in Patisserie, 20 units must be successfully completed:
- 18 Core Units
- 2 Elective Units
- BSBSUS201A Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR203B Work effectively with others
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- SITHCCC101 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC201 Produce dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC207 User cookery skills effectively
- SITHKOP101 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHPAT301 Produce cakes
- SITHPAT302 Produce gateaux, torten and cakes
- SITHPAT303 Produce pastries
- SITHPAT304 Produce yeast based bakery products
- SITHPAT305 Produce petits fours
- SITHPAT306 Produce desserts
- SITXFSA101 Use Hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA201 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM301 Coach others in job skills
- SITXINV202 Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXWHS101 Participate in safe work practices
Electives may vary from region to region, contact GETI for a full list of electives.
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent
Recognition of Prior Learning
At TasTAFE we believe that the things you already know how to do should be formally recognised.
Regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of your skills and experience. When you apply to attend TasTAFE you can ask for recognition of:
- formal/informal learning
- life experience
- employment/work experience.
You may also be able to apply for credit transfer for units/modules that you have completed previously at another training organisation.
It is also possible to apply for credit for TasTAFE subjects if you decide to study at university.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.
You may be required to purchase additional materials or stationery for your course.