CRICOS ID – 082936F
Course Duration – 16 weeks
Course Fee – AU$4,600
Location – Hobart
Intake Dates – August
This course will teach you to be competent in a range of technical tourism skills, including sales and marketing, operational and tour delivery.
This course focuses on a range of middle management skills that apply to a broad range of Tourism industry operational areas including Food and Beverage, Accommodation Services, Retail Travel and Events.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any sector of the tourism and travel industry. Possible job titles include:
- Assistant Manager
- Operations Supervisor
- Product Coordinator
- Promotions Officer
- Reservations Sales or Call-Centre Supervisor
- Senior or Supervisory Retail Consultant
- Sales Coordinator
Pathways to further study
Learning will generally be a combination of theory lectures and practical application of skills. The course includes a work placement component.
To achieve a Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism, 10 units must be successfully completed:
- 5 Core Units
- 5 Elective Units
- SITXCCS401 Enhance the customer service experience
- SITXCOM401 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN401 Interpret financial information
- SITXHRM301 Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS301 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
Contact GETI Tasmania for a full list of electives offered.
Assessments will be both theory and practical application of skills.
- Certificate III in Tourism or
- Certificate III in Events or
- Certificate III in Travel
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent
Recognition of Prior Learning
At TasTAFE we believe that the things you already know how to do should be formally recognised.
Regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of your skills and experience. When you apply to attend TasTAFE you can ask for recognition of:
- formal/informal learning
- life experience
- employment/work experience.
You may also be able to apply for credit transfer for units/modules that you have completed previously at another training organisation.
It is also possible to apply for credit for TasTAFE subjects if you decide to study at university.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.
You may be required to purchase additional materials or stationery for your course.