CRICOS ID – 086483J
Course Duration – 20 weeks
Course Fee – AU$5,600
Location – Hobart, Launceston
Intake Dates – February, July
This course is for students with computing experience who wish to pursue further training and employment in the Information Technology Industry. The focus of the course is in client support and problem solving, not only in the information technology industry but also in any industry that uses information technology as a tool to carry out business.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Office Assistant
- Records Assistant
- Junior Office Support.
Pathways to further study
The course will include TasTAFE and workplace (or simulated workplace) training and assessment.
To achieve a Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology, 14 units must be successfully completed:
- 7 Core Units
- 7 Elective Units
- BSBWHS201A Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBSUS201A Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- ICAICT201A Use computer operating systems and hardware
- ICAICT202A Work and communicate effectively in an IT environment
- ICAICT203A Operate application software packages
- ICAICT204A Operate a digital media technology package
- ICAWEB201A Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
Elective units may vary between regions.
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.
Recognition of Prior Learning
At TasTAFE we believe that the things you already know how to do should be formally recognised.
Regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of your skills and experience. When you apply to attend TasTAFE you can ask for recognition of:
- formal/informal learning
- life experience
- employment/work experience.
You may also be able to apply for credit transfer for units/modules that you have completed previously at another training organisation.
It is also possible to apply for credit for TasTAFE subjects if you decide to study at university.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.
You may be required to purchase additional materials or stationery for your course.