CRICOS ID – 091460G
Course Duration – 22 weeks
Course Fee – AU$7,600
Location – Hobart
Intake Dates – February
This course provides you with the skills to work in the front line of travel agencies, cruise companies, travel wholesalers and a range of tourism businesses. You will learn to work with airlines, car rental organisations, tour wholesale companies and shipping or cruise lines. You will learn face-to-face customer sales, ticket issuing, fare calculation and tour costing. You will also have the opportunity to gain practical skills on a range of industry computerised reservation and information systems.
You will be required to register with Sabre and AFTA manuals, at an additional cost of approximately AU$500.
Successful completion of the Certificate III in Travel may lead to career options such as:
- Travel Consultant
- Booking Agent
- Reservations Sales Agent
- Ticketing Officer
Pathways to further study
The course includes a work placement component.
To achieve a Certificate III in Travel, 17 units must be successfully completed:
- 14 Core Units
- 3 Elective Units
- SITTIND201 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- SITTTSL202 Access and interpret product information
- SITTTSL301 Provide advice on international destinations
- SITTTSL302 Provide advice on Australian destinations
- SITTSL303 Sell tourism products and services
- SITTTSL304 Prepare quotations
- SITTTSL306 Book supplier services
- SITTTSL307 Process travel-related documentation
- SITTTSL308 Use a computerised reservations or operations system
- SITTTSL310 Construct normal international airfares
- SITTTSL311 Construct promotional international airfares
- SITXCCS303 Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM201 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXWHS101 Participate in safe work practices
Electives may vary from region to region, contact GETI Tasmania for a full list of electives.
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent
Recognition of Prior Learning
At TasTAFE we believe that the things you already know how to do should be formally recognised.
Regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of your skills and experience. When you apply to attend TasTAFE you can ask for recognition of:
- formal/informal learning
- life experience
- employment/work experience.
You may also be able to apply for credit transfer for units/modules that you have completed previously at another training organisation.
It is also possible to apply for credit for TasTAFE subjects if you decide to study at university.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.
You may be required to purchase additional materials or stationery for your course.