CRICOS ID –090971C
Course Duration – 16 weeks
Study mode: Full time, on campus
Course Fee – AU$5,250
Location – Hobart
Intake Dates – August
This course focuses on a range of middle management skills that apply to a broad range of Hospitality industry areas including Food and Beverage, Commercial Cookery, and Events.
This qualification is for individuals who have successfully completed a Certificate III qualification in Hospitality or Patisserie, and who are now aiming to progress to a supervisory position within the Hospitality industry.
Students graduating from this course may find work in a hotel, conference facility or in a café environment, setting the foundation to work within a supervisory capacity.
Possible job titles include:
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Front Office Supervisor
- Gaming Supervisor
Pathways to further study
This course will generally be a combination of theory lectures, and practical application of skills in both the classroom and through industry placement.
To achieve a Certificate IV in Hospitality, 21 units must be successfully completed:
- 9 Core Units
- 12 Elective Units
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS007 Enhance the customer service experience
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
Electives may vary from region to region, contact GETI for a full list of electives.
Assessments will be both theory and practical application of skills.
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent
Recognition of Prior Learning
At TasTAFE we believe that the things you already know how to do should be formally recognised.
Regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of your skills and experience. When you apply to attend TasTAFE you can ask for recognition of:
- formal/informal learning
- life experience
- employment/work experience.
You may also be able to apply for credit transfer for units/modules that you have completed previously at another training organisation.
It is also possible to apply for credit for TasTAFE subjects if you decide to study at university.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.
You may be required to purchase additional materials or stationery for your course.