Progress your career in Information Technology (Advanced Networking) and gain the skills you need to manage complex ICT networks.
This qualification provides the opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge you’ll need to install and manage a range of networks, as well as internetworking, security and e-business integration as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team.
In this course, you’ll gain transferrable skills and knowledge across four core areas:
- Install and manage complex ICT networks
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services
- Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches and routers
- Cyber Security
- Manage network security
- Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
- Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- Web Development
- Build dynamic websites
- Manage client problems
- Lead and facilitate a team
- Server Operations
- Design, build and test network servers
- Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions
- Install and configure advanced enterprise virtual computing environments
Our dedicated and passionate teachers will guide you through a range of hands-on, practical and theoretical learning experiences that will help you master advanced networking skills.
Successful completion of this course will qualify you to work as an IT Administrator or Network Support Specialist, and give you the skills you may need to undertake further studies in your field at university.
Students will learn hands-on skills in the following emerging areas:
- Cyber security
- Design and implementation of networks
- Network security
- Infrastructure intelligence
- Next-generation firewalls
- Automation and orchestration
- Cloud operating systems.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Network administrator
- IT administrator
- IT operations administrator
- Network services administrator
- Network support coordinator
- Network operations analyst
- Network security coordinator
- Network e-business coordinator.
- Successful completion of Certificate III and IV in Information Technology.
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.
To achieve a Diploma of Information Technology, 20 units must be successfully completed:
6 Core Units
|BSBCRT512||Originate and develop concepts|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation|
|ICTICT532||Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments|
|ICTSAS527||Manage client problems|
14 Elective Units
Recognition of Prior Learning
You may also be able to apply for credit transfer for units/modules that you have completed previously at another training organisation.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.
You may be required to purchase additional materials or stationery for your course.