- Build a career in the world of business
- Learn the basics of business and current office practices
- Develop crucial skills and knowledge that can be applied to supporting a team
Do you enjoy being organised, applying your knowledge to practical tasks and supporting others?
This course is designed to develop basic skills in a broad range of business competencies including communication, customer service, occupational health & safety, teamwork, finance, organisational skills, technology, and working with diversity.
This qualification would suit:
- People who wish to develop broad, entry-level skills for the Business environment
- People who wish to study Business at Certificate IV level or higher
Make the most of your organisational and technical skills and take the next step in your business career with TasTAFE.
This qualification will not lead towards one particular career. Rather, it will give you skills which support your career within any business.
Career opportunities include:
- Clerical Officer
- Administration Assistant
- Human Resources Clerk
- Accounts Clerk
- Word Processing Operator
- Data Entry Operator
- Records Clerk
- Invoicing Officer
BSB30120 Certificate III in Business comprises 13 units, packaged as 6 core (mandatory) units and 7 elective units. All units must be completed successfully to gain the qualification.
6 Core Units
|BSBCRT311||Apply critical thinking skills in a team environmen|
|BSBPEF201||Support personal wellbeing in the workplace|
|BSBSUS211||Participate in sustainable work practices|
|BSBTWK301||Use inclusive work practices|
|BSBWHS311||Assist with maintaining workplace safety|
|BSBXCM301||Engage in workplace communication|
7 Elective Units
|BSBTEC202||Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment|
|BSBTEC303||Create electronic presentations|
|BSBPEF301||Organise personal work priorities|
|BSBOPS304||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBOPS305||Process customer complaints|
|SIRXMKT001||Support marketing and promotional activities|
|SIRXPDK001||Advise on products and services|
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Assessment methods may include:
- Being observed performing practical tasks
- Completing projects
- Scenarios, case studies and role plays
- On-line quizzes and tasks
- Completing short answer questions
This qualification includes employability skills of:
- Navigating the world of work
- Manage career and work life
- Work with roles, rights and protocols
- Interacting with others
- Communicate for work
- Connect and work with others
- Recognise and utilise diverse perspectives
- Getting the work done
- Plan and organise
- Make decisions
- Identify and solve problems
- Create and innovate
- Work in a digital world
What will I need to bring?
Students will need to provide the following items:
- Email address
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0)
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster, saving you valuable time and money.
BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
Pathways to further study
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.