CRICOS ID – 086437D
Course Duration – 21 weeks
Course Fee – AU$6,800
Location – Hobart, Launceston
Intake Dates – February, July
This course will provide you with knowledge of the underlying accounting concepts and theories that underpin all accounting practices. You will be taught entry-level skills and knowledge about the computerised application of accounting practices; accrual accounting; preparing basic financial reports; communication, and customer service skills.
Priorities for this course include the development of basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, PowerPoint presentations and internet applications.
This qualification would suit:
- Those who require bookkeeping skills to commence work in the industry
- Those currently working in the accounting and finance industry who require a mix of recognition for their existing skills together with training and assessment in skill and knowledge gaps
- Those who require the qualification as part of progression to be a registered bookkeeper or be a member of one of the professional bookkeeping associations
- Those starting out on a journey to gain higher level accounting qualifications in the TasTAFE system or a Degree at University level
This qualification may lead to work in business or the financial services sector in job roles such as:
- Office Manager
- Accounts Officer
- Payroll Officer
Pathways to further study
To achieve a Certificate III in Accounts Administration, 11 units must be successfully completed:
7 Core Units
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents||BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others||BSBWRT301||Write simple documents||FNSACC301||Process financial transactions and extract interim reports||FNSACC302||Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers||FNSACC303||Perform financial calculations||FNSINC301||Work effectively in the financial services industry|
4 Elective Units
Electives may vary from region to region, contact GETI Tasmania for a full list of electives.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Options for assessment will include:
- Preparing financial records and reports for simulated business situations
- Being observed performing practical assignments
- Gathering evidence of your competency for recognition of your skills
- On-line quizzes and tasks
- Completing short answer questions
- Completing supervised assessments
- Performing tasks demonstrating the use of accounting and other business software
All units in this qualification area assessed considering the employability skills of:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.
Recognition of Prior Learning
At TasTAFE we believe that the things you already know how to do should be formally recognised.
Regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of your skills and experience. When you apply to attend TasTAFE you can ask for recognition of:
- formal/informal learning
- life experience
- employment/work experience.
You may also be able to apply for credit transfer for units/modules that you have completed previously at another training organisation.
It is also possible to apply for credit for TasTAFE subjects if you decide to study at university.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.
You may be required to purchase additional materials or stationery for your course.