Devonport High School is a co-educational state school for students in years 7 – 10. The school is situated in the centre of the coastal town of Devonport, in North West Tasmania. The school is in the heart of the city and is close to an Olympic-sized swimming pool, basketball stadium, surfing, yachting, and rock climbing facilities.
Address: 91 Best St, Devonport, Tasmania, 7310
Year Established: 1916
Number of students: 480
- Extensive sports fields for outdoor sports
- Highly regarded Multi-Media courses
- Involvement in Citizen Science programs
- Extracurricular opportunities such as public speaking, Model United Nations Assembly (MUNA) and Children’s University
- EAL classes and international student support staff
- Special excursions for international students including wildlife park, local industry and national park visits
- Courses include Business Studies, Media Production, Creative Writing, Outdoor Recreation and Child Studies
- Rock Eisteddfod participation
- French and Japanese language classes
- Advanced Mathematics and Extended Science classes are conducted in years 9 and 10.
English, Humanities and Social Science, Mathematics, Science, Health and Physical Education, Drama, Music, Visual Arts, Foods, Design and Technology, Japanese
Year 8 – 10
English, Humanities and Social Science, Mathematics, Science, Health and Physical Education
Visual Art, Drama, Music, Dance, STEM, Sport for Boys, Sport for Girls, Foods, Digital Technology, Materials, Design and Technology, Multimedia
Year 9 and 10
Visual Art, Drama, Music, Dance, Audio Design, Outdoor Education, Sport for Boys, Sport for Girls, Foods, Digital Technology, Wood Skills, Metal Skills, Multimedia, Catering Studies, Science Extended, Mathematics Extended, Creative Writing, Business Studies, Fitness Fanatics
Year 10 only
Advanced Mathematics, Work Readiness
Advanced Academic Programs
Advanced mathematics provides a foundation for study of Maths Methods 4 and General Maths 3. Other optional subjects such as Creative Writing and Science Extended offer an advanced level of study.
- Computer labs
- Laptops available to borrow from the library
- Music facilities, including individual practice rooms and music production area
- Art rooms
- Science laboratories
- Multi-media room
- Cooking and catering facilities
- Wood and metal work workshops
- Drama room
- Basketball courts
- Soccer fields
- AFL football field
Provisions for international students
Students are provided with a stationary pack. Textbooks are loaned to students.
Soccer, netball, cricket, badminton, rock band, ski trip (biannual), Student Leadership group, socials, recreational activities day
Excursions and activities to learn about Tasmania and Australian culture. English language support.