This course builds on previous experience and qualifications by extending financial reporting to cover a reporting entity in accordance with accounting standards, income tax law, management accounting and financial management principles.
The qualification is designed to provide skills for a person typically employed as an Office Manager, Senior Clerical Officer or Assistant Accountant. This course is appropriate for people to work in larger businesses with more responsibility in the accounting and financial area.
This qualification would suit:
Those who have completed the Certificate IV in Accounting and are on a journey to continue studies at the University level.
Those who work as a bookkeeper and want further skills in taxation and higher level accounting and reporting skills and knowledge
Those wishing to be fully qualified as an Accountant and a member of an accounting professional organisation
Those seeking ultimately a career as a registered tax agent
Career options may include:
- Working as a Clerical Officer, Office Manager, Payroll Officer, Bookkeeper or Assistant Accountant
- Being a bookkeeper on joining a bookkeeping professional organisation with opportunities to access ongoing professional development
- As an employed bookkeeper, prepare and submit Business Activity Statement (BAS) returns for your business employer
- As a contract bookkeeper, prepare and submit BAS returns for small businesses. (Note: Specific eligibility requirements exist under the current income tax legislation)
To achieve a Diploma of Accounting, 11 units must be successfully completed:
6 Core Units
|FNSACC501||Provide financial and business performance information|
|FNSACC502||Prepare tax documentation for individuals|
|FNSACC503||Manage budgets and forecasts|
|FNSACC504||Prepare financial reports for corporate entities|
|FNSACC506||Implement and maintain internal control procedures|
|FNSACC507||Provide management accounting information|
|Unit in this qualification||Prerequisite unit|
|FNSACC504 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities||BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports|
|FNSACC601 Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities||FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals|
|FNSACC607 Evaluate business performance||FNSACC501 Provide financial and business performance information|
|**||** Units included in the Tax Practitioners BBoard-approvedcourse in Australian taxation law:
FNSSS00008 Taxation law for tax agents Skill Set (Tax documentation) – FNSACC502 and FNSACC601
|***||Units included in the Tax Practitioners Board-approved course in commercial law: FNSSS00005 Commercial law for tax agent Skill Set|
5 Elective Units
Electives may vary from region to region, contact GETI Tasmania for a full list of electives.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Options for assessment will include:
- Preparing financial records and reports for simulated business situations
- Preparing reports for management
- Being observed performing practical tasks
- On-line quizzes and tasks
- Short answer
All units in this qualification area assessed considering the employability skills of:
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
- Certificate IV in Accounting
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.
Recognition of Prior Learning
At TasTAFE we believe that the things you already know how to do should be formally recognised.
Regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred, you may be eligible to apply for recognition of your skills and experience. When you apply to attend TasTAFE you can ask for recognition of:
- formal/informal learning
- life experience
- employment/work experience.
You may also be able to apply for credit transfer for units/modules that you have completed previously at another training organisation.
It is also possible to apply for credit for TasTAFE subjects if you decide to study at university.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.
You may be required to purchase additional materials or stationery for your course.