A career in accounting and financial services is one of the most useful choices a person can make. Accounting is the backbone to all businesses and is a language that crosses international borders. People with a TasTAFE accounting and finance qualification can be found working in a range of organisations in Australia and in overseas countries. These organisations include small businesses, public sector organisations, not for profit organisaitons, public accounting firms, banks, building societies, finance companies, larger corporations, and local government.
This course will provide you with knowledge of accounting concepts and theories of accounting. You will be taught skills and knowledge about preparing financial reports for corporations; business risks and internal control procedures; providing business advice and information; preparing tax documentation for individuals and legal entities; interpreting and using financial statistics.
This qualification would suit:
- Those who require bookkeeping skills to commence work in the industry
- Those who require the qualification as part of the progression to be a registered bookkeeper or be a member of one of the professional bookkeeping associations
- Those who want to go on to further study in accounting and finance
Make the most of your critical thinking and problem solving skills and take the next step in your accounting career with TasTAFE.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities in professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries,
- Tax agents,
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Officers,
- Payroll Service Providers,
- Employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting comprises 11 units, packaged as 6 core (mandatory) units and 5 elective units. All units must be completed successfully to gain the qualification.
|FNSACC511||Provide financial and business performance information|
|FNSACC512||Prepare tax documentation for individuals|
|FNSACC513||Manage budgets and forecasts|
|FNSACC514||Prepare financial reports for corporate entities (prerequisite units BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports and FNSACC311 Process
financial transactions and extract interim reports)
|FNSACC516||Implement and maintain internal control procedures|
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Assessment methods may include:
- Preparing financial records and reports for simulated business situations
- Projects, observations of practical assignments and case studies
- On-line quizzes and tasks
- Completing short answer questions
- Completing supervised assessments
All units in this qualification include employability skills of:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
What will I need to bring?
Students will need to provide the following items:
- Email address
- Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
Completion of the following skill set or qualifications:
- FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set;
- Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent;
- Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Completion of the following pre-requisite units:
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster, saving you valuable time and money.
FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.