(FNS50222) Diploma of Accounting
A career in accounting and financial services is one of the most useful choices a person can make. Accounting is the backbone to all businesses and is a language that crosses international borders. People with a TasTAFE accounting and finance qualification can be found working in a range of organisations in Australia and in overseas countries. These organisations include small businesses, public sector organisations, not for profit organisations, public accounting firms, banks, building societies, finance companies, larger corporations, and local government.
This course will provide you with knowledge of accounting concepts and theories of accounting. You will be taught skills and knowledge about preparing financial reports for corporations; business risks and internal control procedures; providing business advice and information; preparing tax documentation for individuals and legal entities; interpreting and using financial statistics.
This qualification would suit:
- Those who require bookkeeping skills to commence work in the industry
- Those who require the qualification as part of the progression to be a member of one of the professional accounting bodies.
- Those who want to go on to further study in accounting and finance
Make the most of your critical thinking and problem solving skills and take the next step in your accounting career with TasTAFE.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities in professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries,
- Budget Manager
- Tax Agent
- Employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
FNS50222 Diploma of Accounting comprises 11 units, packaged as 7 core (mandatory) units and 4 elective units. All units must be completed successfully to gain the qualification.
7 Core Units
|BSBTEC402||Design and produce complex spreadsheets|
|FNSACC521||Provide financial and business performance information|
|FNSACC522||Prepare tax documentation for individuals|
|FNSACC523||Manage budgets and forecasts|
|FNSACC524||Prepare financial reports for corporate entities (prerequisite units FNSACC421 Prepare financial reports and FNSACC321 Process
financial transactions and extract interim reports)
|FNSACC526||Implement and maintain internal control procedures|
|FNSACC527||Provide management accounting information|
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Assessment methods may include:
- Preparing financial records and reports for simulated business situations
- Projects, observations of practical assignments and case studies
- On-line quizzes and tasks
- Completing short answer questions
- Completing supervised assessments
All units in this qualification include employability skills of:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
What Will I Need to Bring?
Students will need to provide the following items:
- Email address
Additional Costs(payable by the student)
- Textbooks approximately $200.00
- Printing costs approximately $20
Prior to commencing this qualification, an individual must have completed the following units of competency (or equivalent).
- FNSACC321 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC322 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC418 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC421 Prepare financial reports (this unit is the equivalent version of BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports).
These competencies may have been achieved through the completion of the following (or their equivalent):
- FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set or
- FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster, saving you valuable time and money.
FNS50222 Diploma of Accounting
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.