- Become a confident and advanced ICT user.
- Join a dynamic and innovative industry set for significant future growth.
- Learn from the industry experts.
The ICT sector plays a crucial role in Tasmania. It supports a range of high growth industries and also provides key stand-alone services. With this growth has come increased demand for a range of ICT specialists. Systems analysts, programmers, developers and software engineers are amongst job opportunity hotspots. Tasmania boasts many successful ICT enterprises and has a workforce development plan in place to further grow, foster and develop the local industry. Large scale data centres are increasingly relocating to Tasmania, attracted by lower cooling costs, competitive water pricing, renewable energy, environmental sustainability, and an enviable lifestyle.
ICT30120 – Certificate III in Information Technology provides the skills and knowledge for students to become competent in a range of introductory ICT functions. It is designed to support a range of information activities in the workplace and allow you to develop self-sufficiency as an advanced ICT user.
The course is comprised of three specialist streams:
- Support – Develops skills in the advanced use of software applications in order to provide basic application software support, hardware support and administration.
- Networking and Server Operations – Provides skills in basic use of a range of technologies to provide first level diagnostic support for computer network and administration to people using ICT.
- Programming and Web Development – Apply introductory programming techniques and build simple web pages while developing and extending critical and creative thinking skills.
This qualification may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Help desk assistant/officer
- ICT operations/user support
- PC support
- Technical support
To attain ICT30120 – Certificate III in Information Technology a total number of 12 units must be achieved, 6 core units plus 6 elective units.
|BSBCRT301||Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills|
|BSBXCS303||Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information|
|BSBXTW301||Work in a team|
|ICTICT313||Identify IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments|
|ICTPRG302||Apply introductory programming techniques|
|ICTSAS305||Provide ICT advice to clients|
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Assessment may include:
What Will I Need To Bring?
USB storage device for in-class work
IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster, saving you valuable time and money.
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change without notice.
Pathways to further study