Launceston College is located in the centre of Launceston city, beside river and parklands. The College is the largest in Tasmania.
At Launceston College students can undertake the highest level pre-university courses, they can undertake Aviation Studies and learn to fly, they can do Media Studies and become a radio announcer at our radio station, or they can join the Expedition Courses and trek to the base camp of Mount Everest.
Students can build an electric car, be part of the college production, train to become a chef or even study some university courses while still at college. There is a fantastic range of possibilities.
- Several of Launceston College’s international students have gained full scholarships at Australia’s most prestigious university—the Australian National University in Canberra (ANU).
- Three international students have won LC’s top student award in the last 9 years – reflecting parents’ expectations that they will apply themselves and be very successful students
- The highest level of student learning and recreation facilities available in Tasmania
Services and programs:
- International student support services: EAL, buddy system, study groups, induction program
- FM radio station and video suite
- Catering restaurant
- Drama studio