Launceston College is located in the centre of Launceston city, beside river and parklands and in close proximity to cafes, restaurants & public transport. It is the largest Senior High School in Tasmania and offers over 130 different subjects.
Year established: 1913
Number of students: 1500
Address: 107-119 Paterson St, Launceston TAS 7250
At Launceston College students can undertake the highest level pre-university courses, including Aviation Studies to learn to fly, Media Studies and become a radio announcer at our radio station, or Expedition Courses and trek to the base camp of Mount Everest.
Students can build an electric car, be part of the college production, train to become a chef or even study some university courses while still at Launceston College. The school offers a fantastic range of possibilities to suit all students.
International Students Successes
- Several of Launceston College’s international students have gained full scholarships at Australia’s most prestigious university—the Australian National University in Canberra (ANU).
- Three international students have won LC’s top student award in the last 9 years – reflecting parents’ expectations that they will apply themselves and be very successful students
Over 130 subjects in these fields:
- Behavioural Studies
- Business Studies
- Food, Hospitality & Design
- Health & Physical Recreation
- Languages (Chinese, French, Japanese)
- Learning Support
- Performing Arts
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Maths)
- Technology & Trades
- Visual Arts
- IT Facilities: computer / student ratio of 1:3
- 1000m² library
- Heated indoor pool
- Rock climbing wall
- Squash courts
- Weights training room
- School radio station
- Virtual reality (VR) technology