Year established: 1973
Address: 20 Bastick Street, Rosny, Tas 7018
Number of students: 1265
Rosny College is a coeducation Senior High School located on spacious grounds on Hobart’s Eastern shore. it is known for it’s excellent learning experiences, facilities, vocational education and it’s wide array of subject choices. Rosny College has a strong history of outstanding academic performance across all disciplines. The College is located a short 15 minute bus drive from the city centre of Hobart and also features easy access to recreational areas and beaches in Hobart.
- Tutorials in Mathematics and science available each day at no extra cost
- Strong focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM) with excellent facilities.
- Small and friendly group of international students.
- Medical doctor on campus.
- Virtual reality
- 3D Printing
- Automotive workshop
- Dance studio
- Sporting fields
- Golf course
- Music recording studio
- Photography darkroom
- Media production studio
- Fitness gym
Academic achievements 2018- 2019
- 29 students received an ATAR above 90 in 2018
- 28 year 11 students received an ATAR above 50 (which means they are on track for a score above 90 at the end of Year 12)
- Rosny college international student awarded the TASC Outstanding Achievement Award
- Rosny college student received multiple prizes at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Phoenix, Arizona alongside over 1800 high school students from 75 countries
- Rosny college student won best Documentary and the Premier’s Award at the MyState Film Festival in 2018
- Multiple award recipients for Australian “excellence in teaching” awards