Apply now to become a Homestay Host!
Are you ready to open your home? Scroll down to Apply Now!
GETI arranges homestay accommodation for international students in Tasmanian Government schools (aged 13-18).
Hosts can be single, a family or empty nesters – and you can choose to host for a period of time that suits your lifestyle.
Enrich your family life by sharing it with a young person from another culture.
- a safe, supportive & welcoming home environment
- a private, furnished bedroom inside the family home (not a separate dwelling)
- all meals and snacks
- use of utilities (i.e. water, electricity, internet and heating)
- use of facilities (e.g. TV, iron, vacuum cleaner, laundry)
- Homestay resources and ongoing support
- 24-hour emergency telephone service
- An allowance of $290 per week (single room)
Becoming a host:
Apply here and one of our homestay coordinators will be in touch!
- Submit a Homestay Application form and photos of your family, home and student bedroom.
- Submit a Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWWVP) for all house members 18 and older
- Attend a house visit at your home. Our coordinators will answer any questions you have and prepare you for your first student!
Contact us to learn more:
26 Bathurst Street, Hobart 7000
03 6165 5727
- Benefits of hosting
- 24-hour emergency service (03) 6108 0679 Outside business hours (Golden Electronics Security)