- Build a career in the world of administration and project work
- Broaden your skills and knowledge in applying solutions to a range of unpredictable problems
- Provide leadership and guidance in supporting a team
Do you enjoy being organised, applying your knowledge to practical tasks and supporting others?
This course is designed to develop skills in a broad range of business competencies including communication, customer service, work health and safety, teamwork, finance, organisational skills, technology, and working with diversity.
This qualification would suit:
- People who wish to develop broad, entry-level skills for the Business environment
- People who wish to study Business Management at Diploma level or higher
Make the most of your organisational and technical skills and take the next step in your business career with TasTAFE.
This qualification will not lead towards one particular career. Rather, it will give you skills which support your career within any business.
Career opportunities include:
- Office Administration Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Project Office
- Project Manager
Pathways to further study
BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business comprises 12 units, packaged as 6 core (mandatory) units and 6 elective units. All units must be completed successfully to gain the qualification.
6 Core Units
|BSBCRT411||Apply critical thinking to work practices|
|BSBTEC404||Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment|
|BSBTWK401||Build and maintain business relationships|
|BSBWHS411||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs|
|BSBWRT411||Write complex documents|
|BSBXCM401||Apply communication strategies in the workplace|
|BSBOPS404||Implement customer service strategies|
|BSBOPS405||Organise business meetings|
|BSBPEF402||Develop personal work priorities|
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBSUS411||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|BSBTEC302||Design and produce spreadsheets|
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Assessment methods may include:
- Being observed performing practical tasks
- Completing projects
- Scenarios, case studies and role-plays
- Online quizzes and tasks
This qualification includes employability skills of:
Navigating the world of work
- Manage career and work life
- Work with roles, rights and protocols
Interacting with others
- Communicate for work
- Connect and work with others
- Recognise and utilise diverse perspectives
Getting the work done
- Plan and organise
- Make decisions
- Identify and solve problems
- Create and innovate
- Work in a digital world
What will I need to bring?
Students will need to provide the following items:
- Email address
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster, saving you valuable time and money.
BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.