(FNS40222) Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- This qualification reflects the job roles of workers in the accounting industry, including BAS Agents and contract bookkeepers
- You will learn the basics of current accounting and financial practices from industry experts
- You will develop skills and knowledge in accounting and bookkeeping tasks that can be applied to a number of industries
A career in accounting and financial services is one of the most useful choices a person can make. Accounting is the backbone to all businesses and is a language that crosses international borders. People with a TasTAFE accounting and finance qualification can be found working in a range of organisations in Australia and in overseas countries. These organisations include small businesses, public sector organisations, not for profit organisations, public accounting firms, banks, building societies, finance companies, larger corporations, and local government.
This course will provide you with knowledge of accounting concepts and theories of accounting. You will be taught skills and knowledge about the computerised application of accounting practices; accrual accounting; preparing basic financial reports, and budgeting principles; communication, completion of business activity and instalment activity statements and processing business tax.
This qualification would suit:
- Those who require bookkeeping skills to commence work in the industry
- Those who require the qualification as part of the progression to be a registered bookkeeper or be a member of one of the professional bookkeeping associations
- Those who want to go on to further study in accounting and finance
Make the most of your critical thinking and problem solving skills and take the next step in your accounting career with TasTAFE.
This qualification may lead to work in business or the financial services sector in job roles such as:
- Small business bookkeeper
- Office Manager
- BAS Agent
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Officers
- Contracted bookkeeper
- Employed bookkeeper
- Payroll Clerk
- Trainee Accountant
FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping comprises 13 units, packaged as 10 core (mandatory) units and 3 elective units. All units must be completed successfully to gain the qualification.
10 Core Units
|FNSACC321||Process financial transactions and extract interim report|
|FNSACC322||Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers|
|FNSACC421||Prepare financial reports|
|FNSTPB411||Complete business activity and instalment activity statements|
|FNSTPB412||Establish and maintain payroll-systems|
|FNSACC426||Set up and operate computerised accounting systems|
|BSBTEC302||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|FNSACC418||Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry|
|FNSACC412||Prepare operational budgets|
|FNSACC414||Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities|
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Assessment methods may include:
- Preparing financial records and reports for simulated business situations
- Being observed performing practical assignments
- On-line quizzes and tasks
- Completing short answer questions
- Completing supervised assessments
- Performing tasks demonstrating the use of accounting and other business software
All units in this qualification include employability skills of:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
What will I need to bring?
Students will need to provide the following items:
- Email address
Additional Costs (payable by the student)
- Textbooks approximately $430
- Printing costs approximately $20
- IELTS 5.5 General Training (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster, saving you valuable time and money.
Pathways to further study
FNS50222 Diploma of Accounting
Course information displayed on this website is subject to change.