Become a Tasmanian Government School International Student Ambassador 2023
International Student Ambassador Program is a volunteer program run by Government Education and Training International, Department for Education, Children and Young people. The program provides opportunities for international students to grow and develop teamwork, leadership, and communication skills and showcase Tasmania and government schools as study destinations.
- Develop a wide range of transferable skills such as leadership, communication, and public speaking skills through training
- Grow teamwork and collaboration skills through planning and running student activities and community events
- Build and expand professional and personal network connections in Tasmania
- Receiving a formal Certificate of Appreciation from Government Education and Training International (GETI)
Your responsibilities in the program
- Contribute to organising and running events to positively represent and promote Tasmanian government schools and Tasmania as study destinations
- Assist in delivering campus tours for prospective students and visitors to showcase the campus facilities and support services
- Contributing to Government School International social media channels by sharing your study and living experience as an international student in Tasmania
- Provide practical advice to prospective students on various aspects of student life and inspire other international students to take a more active role in representing government schools and Tasmania
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of government schools and take reasonable care to ensure your actions do not impact the health and safety of yourself and others
The program will run until December 2023.
To be recognised as an ambassador, students are expected to sign an Ambassador Agreement which commits them to the following responsibilities and attendance requirements. Students failing to meet the requirements of the program may have their roles terminated.
At least 20 hours per semester
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for this role, you will need to be:
- enrolled in a government school until December 2023
- a year 11 or 12 international Student
Applications will be evaluated by the following selection criteria:
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- good time management skills and the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- passionate about representing Tasmanian government schools
- passionate about enhancing government school student experience
- You have the desire to participate, make new friends and have fun
How to apply?
To apply for an International Student Ambassador role, you will need to submit your application to Ivy Zhuo, Marketing and Communication Officer, Government Education and Training International, via email: email@example.com.
Please ensure the following documents are attached in either PDF or Word format:
- A copy of your resume (2 pages maximum) listing your skills and any work or volunteer experience
- Written a one-page application to explain:
- Why do you want to apply for this role?
- What will you do if you become an International Student Ambassador?
- What skills and experience can you bring to this role?
Application Open: February 2023
Application Close: 11:59 pm, Monday 20 March 2023
Selection and Interviews: Monday 20 March to Friday 24 March 2023
Applicants notified of outcome: Late March 2023
If you have any further questions about the role or the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Officer, Government Education and Training International (GETI)
Phone: (03) 6165 6405